Wednesday 2 April 2014

Silk Number Two; Barry M Silk Effects: Heather

Round 2

I'm here with my second round of Barry M Silk Effect polishes however, this time I've got Heather to show you. I have a serious obsession with these polishes. For every new colour I swatch I fall even more in love with them. I think it's the uniqueness of them and my nails feel so fresh in the pretty spring colours. Follow the jump for more...
Barry M Silk Effects in Heather
Heather is, in my eyes, a beautiful pastel purple with pink undertones and a subtle shimmer with a semi-matte finish. Like I said about Mist, these really do have a silky look to them, bringing a fresh approach to Spring pastels. So far, I'm loving these polishes. Obviously I have only tried Mist and Heather but I'll be using one of the other three in my collection for my next mani. I can only say that things are looking very promising for them to be getting sparkling reviews from me, although, I am a little biased when it comes to Barry M polishes. They're just so pretty!  
Barry M Silk Effects in Heather
Barry M Silk Effect Nail Polishes are available online or in store and Boots and Superdrug for £3.99

.................................................................................................

Good lord, did I get ratty with myself trying to photograph my nails this time around. With Mist it seemed to happen so easily and I found two images that I felt pretty pleased with. I think I went back to my photographing station on the stairs about three times, each time taking a good twenty pictures. I think the problem was I was getting frustrated with myself and so it just got worse as it went along. Eventually I sat down for a while, took a deep breath and had one last go, et voila, some decent photographs. I'd still appreciate some feedback if anyone wants to leave any and obviously feel free to share your thoughts on the Barry M Silk collection. 

I feel like I'm getting a little more into blogging now. I've figured out that if I have several posts I want to write up, I should do them all at once and post them gradually over time rather than posting them all at once. That way, if I have zero inspiration for a while I should have a back up post somewhere to keep me going. Also I don't want things to get too nail polish heavy so I'm trying to space them out between other posts for now, otherwise I'll never post anything else and I quite enjoy sharing my photography here from time to time. I've also decided that I'm going to throw the last three Barry M Silk swatches all into the same post as it's a little difficult to write something interesting for three more posts that will essentially say the same thing as these first two I've done other than the colour being different. You see what I'm saying? Anyway, I hope you're all well and I look forward to speaking next post.

Until then....
Abigail



No comments:

Post a Comment