Sunday 20 April 2014

WOWZA; Aurora by piCture pOlish

A month or two back I discovered the incredible piCture pOlish, a nail polish brand based in Australia. I fell head over heels in love with Majesty, but at the time couldn't spend the money on it. Soon after I noticed a lot of bloggers losing their minds over a little gem name Aurora, a limited edition colour shifting polish. When I saw the swatches for it I knew I had to have it (you'll see why in a second). But of course life went a little wrong and due to circumstances I won't go into, by the time I was able to purchase it, it was out of stock. So you can imagine my delight when, a couple of weeks ago, piCture pOlish restocked their limited editions with the final stock they had. So on release day I was sat at my computer eagerly awaiting the polishes to go live again. So I guess long story short is, I finally have my hands on Aurora! I have quite a picture heavy post for you today but I think it's worth it. Follow the jump to see this beauty in action!
Aurora is most certainly something to behold. The colour shift in this polish is magical and really makes me think of the Aurora Borealis (a.k.a. Northern Lights). It's designed to be worn over black polish to achieve the full effect, whereas on it's own it's a very sheer polish. I've used two thin coats of Aurora over two thin coats of Avons Licorice, a black creme. 
Aurora by piCture pOlish
Aurora shifts from a gorgeous purple to deep blue to a teal green to a sunset pink and even flashes a burnt orange kind of colour in certain lights. It all depends on the lighting you look at it in. In direct sunlight it tends to be blue and teal green. In the shade you get those flashes of purple, pink and orange. I tried to capture the colour shift as best as I could but it's a little difficult considering all the different colours I tend to spot as it catches the light.
Aurora by piCture pOlish
This one shows off the purple/pink flashes. It's such a gorgeous, vivid shade, so when you do get a glimpse of the purple and pink, it really stands out. I get so distracted by all the different colour changes in Aurora. As fun as it is, it's not the best idea when my sister and I are on her Xbox playing Borderlands fighting to survive in an arena and suddenly get distracted by the pretty colours on my nails. It goes without saying, my sister wasn't best pleased with me for that! XD
Aurora by piCture pOlish (Direct Sunlight)
I took this one in direct sunlight because I really wanted to show that stunning blue as well as all that beautiful glitter! I've yet to mention just how packed this polish is with beautiful iridescent glitter. The glitter, similarly to the polish, shifts from blue to green to purple and to pink depending on the light but tends to be more purple and green most often. I feel like the colour shift along with the glitter make this polish look like a completely different polish in different lighting. It's absolutely gorgeous! 

Aurora by piCture pOlish (Macro)
Above is my attempt at a close up shot to show off the glitter in all it's sparkly glory. Aurora is meant to dry to a smooth finish but it's a little bit grainy when fully dry so a good lick of top coat will smooth it all over.  I wore this for about a week with top and base coat and didn't find any chipping, just a little bit of tip wear at the ends of each nail. After I took it off and contemplated what to wear next, I gave in to my new weakness and decided to wear it again. If you'd like to get your hands on this beauty you'll have to do some searching through the piCture pOlish network as it may have sold out in a lot of place. I grabbed mine from Rainbow-Connection and, the last time I checked, they still has some left so if you want it you need to get it ASAP as there will be no more restocks once it's gone. Also let me know what you think of this beauty.

Goodness me I'm so late getting this post out. I wanted it written and posted probably a week ago not long after I first got my nail polish package. I've had the pictures lying around on my laptop for about ten days! Having my sister home from Uni has me so distracted from everything else. That and I can't go a day without going out walking somewhere so I have even less time to write posts up. I think walking has become my new therapy and my gosh am I needing it at the moment. Also, just wanted to mention, I'll have another piCture pOlish post up soon as my Mum and Dad bought me Majesty as an Easter gift so I'm super excited to try that. Anyway, I think this post is long enough so

Until next time....
Abigail

1 comment:

  1. Came across your blog via your Mum's FB page. I love your nails! Just ordered a bottle of Aurora from Rainbow-Connection - so many pretty colours.

    ReplyDelete