Thursday 18 September 2014

Barry M AW14 Gellys; Chilli, Cardamom, Mustard

Ello' all. I apolgise for my recent absence, I've been all over the place recently and only last week started feeling a bit more like myself. The only problem is I then got quite sick over the weekend and so have only just got back to actually write up some posts. I have such a backlog of swatch pictures and nail art that they'll probably last for a good few weeks before I need any more. Also just a heads up, these swatches were taken over the course of about a week. In that week after I swatched Chilli first, I started borrowing my sisters desk lamp as a lighting set up for my pictures. They've turned out so well but I never got chance to go back and redo Chilli so they don't look quite the same standard.

Recently Barry M released their Autumn/Winter Gelly collection and boy are the lovely. It's no secret that I adore Autumn. Not only was I born in Autumn but I love the colours related with it and the colours of the trees, the lovely warm clothes without needing to layer up to the point of looking like a huge blob and that slight chill in the air that calls for pretty scarves. So naturally when these colours popped up I was immediately drawn in. I've only picked up three of the six colours but there is definitely the temptation to grab some more. So onto the swatches:

First up is Chilli, a spicey red with brown undertones. This is two coats with top coat. Without the top coat it's still super shiny but as a rule of thumb I always use top coat.




Next is Carmadom, a gorgeous kind of wintery green. This one is super unique in my collection. Again this is two coats with top coat.



Finally I have Mustard which is, of course, a deep mustard yellow. I'm still really suprised how much I like this colour and for the first yellow in the Gelly collection it's a beauty.


So far I'm loving these colours plus they wear really well with minimum chipping.
To purchase the Autumn/Winter 2014 Gelly Collection go to Boots or Superdrug.

1 comment:

  1. soooo need you to do something with my paws ...lol love the green :) love mouse xxxxx

    ReplyDelete