Saturday 27 September 2014

Barry M Silks AW14; Poppy

It's no secret that my favourite Barry M release this year was their stunning Silk collection back in the Spring. So you can imagine my delight while out shopping this morning when I came across three new deep jewel toned shades added to the collection in Superdrug. Now, I could have so very easily grabbed all three, however, Boots currently have a buy one get one half price offer on. Sadly they didn't have it in store yet so their website is my BFF. I couldn't resist picking at least one and this shade captured my heart completely.
So, this beauty is Poppy, a deep, rich red with pink undertones packed with purple-pink shimmer. I am completely in love with this colour and something about it just makes me think of Christmas. Like all Silk shades it dries down to a semi-matte finish with a slight sheen. It's such a unique formula that adding top coat, whether it be matte or glossy, ruins that beautiful Silk effect.  I used two coats here. The colour is so rich and pigmented!


Look at that beautiful shimmer! I'm in love!
You can pick up these new Barry M Silk shades at Boots and Superdrug.

No comments:

Post a Comment