Sunday 16 November 2014

piCture pOlish; Bette Swatches

Well, it's been a long time... again. I've been so bad at keeping up with my blog since I got my first job. Recently I've been so busy, whilst fighting off a horrible cold, that blogging has been the last thing on my mind. Put that on top of the fact that I've slowly broken all of my nails down to little nubs from one thing and another and you'll see that blogging just hasn't been easy to get to.
Today, however, I have returned. Hopefully with some kind of regularity. Maybe. Anyway, today's my birthday and somehow (believe me, I'm not really sure how) I have turned 20. Of course on my birthday list were a couple of nail polish's that I've been eyeing up recently. I was ecstatic to open up a gift from my parents this morning to discover Bette from piCture pOlish. I am a huge lover of Bette Davis Eyes so this polish is already a winner with me for that, but I also have quite the fondness for blues so naturally this is a winner. Follow the jump to see the beautiful swatches...
Today Meeko is here to present you with the beautiful bette. (Photograph courtesy of my Dad) Obviously Mister Meeks can't model the polish for you so naturally I'm happy to offer up my nails instead.
 Bette is a beautiful mix of holo particles and blue flecks making this absolutely stunning sparkly blue. The shade of blue in this polish is such a stunner, accurately inspired by Bette Davis Eyes.
This stuff glides onto the nail like butter! It is very sheer on the first coat but by the second, it really starts to build. I ended up needing 3 coats to get it completely opaque but holy cow it's worth the extra effort. I can't stop staring at that beautiful colour!
The drying time is pretty quick here as I managed to get my nails completely done this morning ready to go out for a meal at lunch with completely dry nails. Bette is super shiny on it's own but I added some glossy top coat to add some extra shine.

So there you go, the beautiful Bette. Again, apologies for the lack of posts. As a present from me to you I have posted an old post that I've had in my backlog of drafts since September that I thought you might like to see. 
Until next time...
Abigail

No comments:

Post a Comment